Healthy Food for Your Skin!

Hey guys!

This post has been a long, long time coming, I have so many posts ready to go but I've been hit with sickness, the death of my lovely cat, Ziggy, internet problems and 6 day-a-week work. I am back with a brilliant post though and I'm so glad I was asked to do it even though it has been such a long time coming!

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT SPONSORED OR ENDORSED BY ANY OF THE COMPANIES I FEATURE ON HERE. THESE ARE ALL PERSONAL OPINIONS.

Nuts.com inspired me to think about some foods that help me look and feel my best and I love this idea! As much as we all think creams and make-up will do, ultimately, it is also about what we put in the tank. Here are some of my favourite foods that help me and my skin look and feel brilliant!

1. Green Tea


I know, I know. I'm starting a food post with a drink BUT this drink is the master of healthy skin. Green tea has many benefits. It helps to increase fat burning meaning it is a gem for weight loss, improve physical and mental performance, kills bacteria and lowers the risk of Alzheimer's, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. Skin wise it helps to improve complexion, aging, reduces acne, puffy eyes and dark circles and it tones the skin wonderfully. So if you want to be the next Einstein and have beautiful skin, drink green tea! Nuts.com do a wonderful Matcha Green Tea which looks so good that I'm going to have to try some. You can check that out here: MATCHA.

2. Blueberry Smoothies

Photo from: www.livestrong.com
I'm a sucker for a good smoothie and they are a great way to get lots of nutrients and vitamins into you! Blueberries are very low in calories but tasty and full of nutrients meaning it is the perfect thing to have if you are craving a snack but don't want to add unnecessary calories. Like green tea, blueberries help with anti-aging and have so many antioxidants in. My favourite recipe is one made on Food Network by Ellie Krieger which you can look at here: SMOOTHIE. From looking on nuts.com, they do some really good dried blueberries which are great for a tasty snack: BLUEBERRIES.

3. Lemon Seed Loaf

Photo from: www.dailyburn.com
I hear you. Why is something like lemon loaf on a healthy food post? This particular lemon loaf (one of my faves) has chia seeds in which is another wonderful superfood.  Again they are amazing antioxidants and help with anti-aging and achne as well as helping with digestion too! You can find the recipe I follow here: RECIPE. Nuts.com sell chia seeds so if you need them for your baking, check them out here: SEEDS.

4. Crunchy Granola/ Oat Bars

Photo from: www.bettycrocker.com

Oats. I. Love. Oats. I especially love crunchy oat bars as they are filling but have lots of benefits. These are great if you've got the munchies and just need something substantial to eat! Oats help with digestion, cholestrol, blood pressure and heart disease. Although this isn't quite one for the skin, it still has a lot of wonderful benefits. Nature Valley do a wonderful oaty bar which you can check out in your local supermarket or if you want to make your own with some honey, nuts.com do a pack of oats which would be great to use in a recipe! Check it out here: OATS.

These are just my favourite kinds of foods and I could probably go on forever with some more wacky ideas but I will make another post in the future maybe with some really crazy ideas! Other good things to check out are goji berries and Cacao Nibs which also have lovely benefits and can be found on nuts.com. If you need some more ideas, here is a picture from nuts.com showing you the benefits of lots of super foods, including some of the ones I have mentioned in this post! If you also click HERE you an find their amazing healthy snacks!



I really hope you have enjoyed this post and I'm sorry for being away so long! I don't have an outfit of the day today but do check out the song!


SONG OF THE DAY

REAL - OF MICE AND MEN

Totally in love with Of Mice and Men's new songs and can't wait to meet them in October!


SEE YA NEXT TIME GUYS!




You Might Also Like

0 comments